Vast Broadband provides phone, cable and internet to both residential business customers. Vast offers a comprehensive benefits package including employer paid life insurance, 401K with a company match, free and discounted services, paid time off, extensive training, a company vehicle, uniforms, tools, and much more!
Vast Broadband is looking for professional, reliable, and highly motivated individuals to join our HFC and Telephone underground cable drop bury crew.
- Provides the customer with the best service and promotes a good relationship between the customer and company. Must convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company’s products and services to the customer
- Verify all locates are completed before any task to be performed
- To install new service cable drops, replace existing cable drop
- Hand Burial or machine trenching
- Complete sidewalk and driveway bores, to include use of boring attachment
- Re-connection of existing underground drop from tap to ground block
- Repair, replace, or re-route drops.
- Permanent underground drop replacement
- Includes removal of any old drops on site when necessary and all restoration to customer satisfaction
- Any and all follow up work needing to be performed needs reported to manager
- Works closely with the Dispatch and Project Managers for assignment of work load
- Recording signal levels, daily times, function codes and any additional system specific required documentation
- Operate vehicle, drop bury machine, hand tools, power tools, ladders, signal level meters, volt meters, converters, cable locators, leakage detection devices, other test equipment
- Maintains a clean and organized company vehicle/ drop bury equipment.
- Assists other Team personnel in the performance of their duties when requested to promote a Team approach to problem solving environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED.
- Highly motivated
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Technical knowledge such as computer skills is a plus
- Successful completion of training and/or telecommunications certification programs is a plus
- Must have a current, valid, driver’s license
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be a team player
- Work outside in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and carry 80-pound, 28 foot extension ladder and meet ladder safety requirements. Standard heavy duty ladder body weight restrictions is 275 pounds, extra heavy duty ladder body weight restrictions 350 pounds
- Must be able to work at heights of 3-28 ft.
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb, and lift throughout each day.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, such as crawl spaces
Vast Broadband is an Equal Opportunity Employer