Starting Pay: $19.50 / hour
Location: Ice Cream Plant
What we are looking for
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
We need someone who can:
- Demonstrate intermediate level proficiency in SAP, InfinityQS (IQS), and the Microsoft Windows Suite to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Read and interpret basic technical documents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) as it applies to specific plant operations (HACCP certification preferred).
- Show familiarity with USDA, FDA and audit principles.
- Confirm a satisfactory current job performance and safety record.
- Work in a variety of temperatures.
- Learn and operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Keep accurate documentation of daily information.
- Complete investigation and the documenting of incidents involving product/ingredient Food Safety issues.
- Communicate in English (verbally and through writing) to accurately create and document company reports.
- Read and understand product specifications.
- Operate independently with limited supervision.
- Perform basic math functions.
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal and communication skills.
So what’s this job all about?
- Performing a variety of quality assurance audits on incoming products, in-process production as well as finished products to ensure that they meet regulatory and company standards of quality and food safety.
- Assisting in planning and establishing FSQ activities and procedures.
- Monitoring adherence to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices(GMPs) and reporting issues to management.
- Generating reports such as specification notices and processes transactions in SAP to hold and release product.
- Monitoring overall product quality by verifying compliance to product specification and performing traceability exercises.
- Overseeing and documenting food safety incidents including accurately and immediately completing corrective action/incident report.
- Verifying regulatory, formula, and procedural compliance of manufacturing systems and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Documenting review and verification to ensure compliance to company and regulatory requirements.
- Working with all functional areas to gather samples and information needed for product testing and assisting with product cuttings/sensory evaluations.
- Evaluating Certificate of Analysis data against specification and takes appropriate action when necessary.
What we want to do for you
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with immediate Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on Company results
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred.
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.