The Shipping Loader ships, stores, processes, and receives all product. This position receives all product coming off the boxing lines. This product is labeled correctly and placed in the proper grid location for shipment.
- Receives product at the end of the line and labels all product.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all shipping and receiving processes and equipment.
- Operate forklifts and pallet jacks (RFT only).
- Conducts cycle counts and accurate inventory counts.
- Documents and places all inventory into the proper grid location for shipment.
- Updates and puts in ECO’s.
- Does quality checks on all boxed product.
- Changes LP tanks on forklifts (RFT only).
- Assists in day-to-day housekeeping duties of the shipping area and all of Jonti-Craft.
- Presence in the workplace is an essential function of this job.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent process and product knowledge and demonstrates a willingness to learn.
- Ability to recognize internal issues that may arise so they do not affect our customers or the timeliness of our deliveries.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language for safety purposes in an understandable manner.
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Excel, and Word. Ability to operate a pocket PC.
- May be required to work with or train new employees in the use of a hand held pc.
- Must be able to understand and comprehend grid areas and locations.
- Shipping experience preferred.
- Previous forklift experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of Fourth Shift or the ability to learn it
2nd shift 3:30pm-12:00am