Starting Pay: $23.00 / hour
Additional $1.50 shift differential from 6pm – 6am
Work Schedule: 5pm - 5am, hours may vary based on needs; will require rotation of weekends
Willing to train, with some mechanical aptitude.
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you!
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- 401(k) Program with immediate Company Match
What we need from you:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred with 0-1 year of related experience
- Knowledge of refrigeration maintenance boilers and ammonia compressors
- Must be able to don / doff and utilize an air purifying respirator (APR) and/or Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Qualify for HAZMAT certification and have ability to obtain boiler license
- Basic Electrical and Maintenance knowledge required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to complete work orders and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and complete required paperwork
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and calculate figures and amounts such as proportions percentages area circumference and volume
- Basic mechanical knowledge and ability to expand knowledge and skills via on-the-job and formal training directed at increasing job-related skills as mandated by management including all required OSHA training
- Basic computer skills including SAP Maintenance Module
- Ability to obtain a valid forklift license
- Ability to comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, Local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Must be able to lift ninety (90) lbs
- This position under direct supervision is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance of all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and assisting advanced level maintenance positions in keeping all equipment and facility in good repair to ensure continuous and effective operation
- Assists with the inspections of air-conditioning, dehumidifiers, compressors, evaporators, safety pop-off valves, filters, and freon refrigeration units daily for proper lubrications, coolant and oil level, proper air flow, and proper defrost cycles. Repairs malfunctions and assists with complete overhauls as needed
- Helps maintain and checks boilers for proper operation and proper water treatment levels, cleans evaporators and condensers to ensure free exchange of air-flow and inspects REM evaporative coils daily for correct operation of fans and glycol pumps
- Installs and replaces motors pumps, switches, safety controls, solenoids, and fuses at all refrigeration areas
- Repairs and replaces improper fittings and broken refrigeration pipes. Performs basic refrigeration duties including but not limited to navigating through M&M controls, understanding and entering PSM data, checking high and low side pressure for logging and starting a spiral freezer belt
- Assists with setup and tear down of equipment and may assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and stationary equipment, fabrication of parts, and installation of new plant equipment
- Maintains tools, equipment, supplies and work area to keep clean and orderly; ensures areas are returned to safe condition according to policy and procedure
- Participates in and successfully completes training directed at increasing job-related trade skills as mandated by management/supervisor and participates in Hazmat specialized training and assists with Hazmat team execution
- May assist with fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging
- Performs all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures and in a safe manner according to State, Federal, and company regulations
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
- Must follow the facility’s Safe Work practices such as LOTO, Confined Space, Respiratory Protection, Fall Protection, etc
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.