The ATO build position assembles Jonti-Craft product. This includes but is not limited to understanding the quality and process for all product. It also involves the upkeep and maintenance of the area that encompasses the entire ATO area. They also coordinate and work closely with the upcoming shift to determine any needs that may arise regarding changeover.
- Understands all dowel patterns and the staging pattern of all products to be assembled.
- Conducts quality checks on products constantly.
- Communicates with QA in the case a need arises to review a part or quality issue.
- Uses the computer system to look up BOMs if necessary.
- Understands the WC FIN product.
- Handles and air screw gun
- Understands the building process
- Conserves scrap and maintains scrap pile locations.
- Presence in the workplace is an essential function of this job.
- Understands work load and product flow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Keen awareness of all safety needs and requirements.
- Ability to read CAD drawings or ability to learn this.
- Full understanding of all gluing procedures.
- Excellent understanding of measurements in particular the metric system.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language for safety purposes in an understandable manner.
Our production environment is typical for wood manufacturing and includes a variety of environmental elements including loud noise, dust and aromas. While this is an indoor operation, temperatures will vary with the outdoor temperature and some areas of the shop may be hot or cold. Worker may be subject to vibration. Worker is subject to moving mechanical carts.
Production positions are physically demanding and may be strenuous. They are standing positions and include frequent walking, lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds. There are a lot of body movements, including extending arms, grasping with hands and flexing of wrists. There may be a lot of bending and twisting. Each position requires ongoing rotations of movements and workers must have the physicality to perform the essential functions. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to 150 lbs. Ability to stand for long periods of time.