This position is responsible for managing the relationships and day-to-day service requests associated with personal lines accounts in support of the producing risk advisor. Personal lines accounts include those with homeowners, auto, personal umbrella, boat, and recreational vehicle insurance. Some service staff may also be involved in servicing farm, health and other coverages, depending on the individual office/agency’s needs.
Associate account managers work under the supervision of risk advisors or a high-level member of the account management team to service accounts. An associate account manager will progressively increase his/her responsibilities to become an account manager.
North Risk Partners is a fast-growing firm dedicated to serving the insurance and risk management needs of businesses and individuals. Our team consists of over 400 employees working in over 30 locations across five states, including Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska. North Risk’s team is values-driven with a common mission of service – to our clients, to each other, and to our community.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients through advising and responding to all correspondence in a quick and accurate manner with support from the risk advisor and account management team.
- Includes answering questions regarding all lines of coverage, and assisting with plan and/or carrier changes, claims, requotes, and billing
- Collaborate with risk advisor to determine and meet client goals.
- Work under the supervision of the account management team to:
- communicate and educate clients on policies as needed,
- evaluate and process client requests to ensure appropriate coverage is met, and
- resolve inquiries on service problems, billing and claims to ensure client satisfaction.
- Attend and actively participate in agency service training meetings.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with partner insurance carriers.
- Enter activity and other relevant information into the company’s software system(s) in accordance with company procedures.
- Follow all federal and state regulations, and best practices for avoiding errors and omissions.
- Continue professional development; pursue and maintain professional designations if applicable.
- Travel as necessary for company and training events.
- Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- High school degree or equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Previous work experience in insurance or another service industry is helpful, but not required
- Ability to obtain a property and casualty insurance license within 6 months
- A role model for North Risk Partners’ core values, mission, and desired culture
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A self-starter who takes initiative to identify problems and lead by example
- Effective oral and written communication skills to effectively represent North Risk Partners as an employer of choice
- Ability to build strong, constructive relationships with a diverse range of clients, and organizational partners to discover common goals for a positive experience
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Professionally and positively represent North Risk Partners to all coworkers, clients, and external stakeholders
- A team player who collaborates and works well with his/her coworkers
- A professional who demonstrates the ability to carry on a conversation with clients, Risk Advisors, and other coworkers within North Risk Partners
- Perform under normal office conditions; may include lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Twist, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand, walk, and reach frequently
- Hear, speak, and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions in order to communicate with people inside and outside of the organization
- Sit and a desk for extended periods of time and perform long hours of work sitting at a computer
- Move around office/building/facilities repeatedly throughout the day
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment uses, review of detailed reports, information, fine print, and warning labels
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be able to travel to different North Risk Partners locations for meetings, as well as various locations throughout the state and potentially the region for client meetings
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, nights, and weekends to attend events and meetings as needed