Under the direction of the general manager, oversee the front desk, housekeeping, sales and maintenance departments. The assistant general manager ensures that all policies and procedures are followed in order to uphold company standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
Directly supervise the hotel staff: responsibilities include training, directing work and helping appraise employee performance. Review all departmental schedules for accuracy and staffing demands. Perform functions of General Manager in his/her absence. Assist in salary reviews. Ensure all employee wages follow federal guidelines. Have exceptional communication skills with guests and employees.
Complete weekly summary reports for the General Manager. Maintain accurate records of hotel funds and information including cash flow, accounts receivable and payable, credit card receipts and registration information. Review, validate and pay vendor invoices. Administer hotel payroll. Assist in the preparation of yearly and quarterly budgets as well as the annual marketing plan.
Offer guest assistance whenever possible. Resolve escalated customer relations issues. Answer inquires regarding hotel policies and services. Appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel's services and accommodations. Ensure guest safety and security.
Fill in for vacant shifts when needed. Assist with sales and marketing efforts.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience
- Previous experience as an AGM highly preferred
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience required
- Accounting or financial experience highly preferred
- Prior experience using Windows-based software
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Good decision making skills
- Able to work independently
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Quarterly bonuses
- Employee rates at select hotels
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26,000.00 - $28,000.00 per year
To keep our cashiers and management as safe as possible, we’ve implemented a hotel mask mandate for all guests and employees, installed clear plastic barriers, and provided masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.