Position includes base pay + 25% weekend only incentive!
*This position is eligible for Avera’s Student Loan Repayment Program, which helps you pay off your loans and save money. Each month an extra payment of $167 (up to $10,000) from Avera will help pay down your principal balance faster.
- Coordinates and supervises care of patients and participates in delivery of direct patient care.
- Assesses patient needs, both physical and psychosocial and initiates and implements the nursing care plan.
- Educates and orients team members as well as participates in patient and family teaching.
- Administers medication and assists physicians with procedures and makes rounds with the physicians.
- Position includes day/night 12-hours shifts. Call time and holidays are as needed. Weekend coverage is 2 out of 3 weekends per month only!
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains nursing service philosophy, goals, objectives, standards of practice and evaluates mechanisms for patient care.
- Coordinates, plans and delivers patient care for the individual patients in relation to the medical plan of the physician.
- Maintains technical skills within expected standard of practice.
- Maintains accurate and concise records by promptly recording all pertinent data concerning a patient.
- Oversees all patient care provided on shift and assures that cares are provided in a timely and safe manner.
- Provide discharge planning for patients.
- Provides teaching to patients and families.