Join the team at Avera!
Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America’s Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Work with our dynamic Pharmacy team who shares our vision and commitment to making patient’s lives better.
- Learn from the experts: The Pharmacy team at Avera Marshall has over 60 years of combined experience
- Job Satisfaction: Enjoy a fulfilling career while indirectly impacting patient’s lives.
- Environment: Work with a dedicated, cohesive team serving a 25 bed hospital and 10 bed Behavioral Health Unit.
- Collaborates with the Avera Marshall Region pharmacists, technicians & physicians to provide quality care to patients we serve in the hospitals, clinics and off sight locations.
- Interpret, process and monitor medication orders issued by providers for contraindications, interactions, allergies and appropriateness.
- Prepare and dispense medications for patients of all ages.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and promote patient safety.
- Counsel patients on proper usage, desired effects, and potential adverse effects of medication.
- Coordinate work flow with other team members to ensure a productive and efficient environment.
- May require some travel to regional facilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate from an accredited college of pharmacy
- One to two years relevant experience preferred.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy Degree preferred.
- Pharmacist license in the state of Minnesota required
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Residency Certification preferred
- Board certification through the Board of Pharmacy Specialties preferred
- Day/Evening shift; 48 hours every 2 weeks
- Every 5th weekend
- Holiday rotation: 1-2 holidays per year