Great employees are our best investment here at Avera! Let us help you keep growing while being a part of the Avera family!
For an exciting career JOIN the Ophthalmology team as an Ophthalmology Assistant at Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center in providing top-rated medical care!
- Make a Positive Impact – This position has direct patient contact in the Ophthalmology Clinic working with adults, pediatrics and geriatrics.
- Personal Growth – Leaders & support system committed to helping you grow
- Great Benefits – Enjoy health insurance, generous PTO, retirement and more
- Responsible for doing all pre-exam workup on the patients including:
- Take patient history
- Reconcile medications
- Complete any pre-exam testing including:
- Check eye pressures
- Dilate the patient's eyes
- Organize daily flow of clinic including:
- Chart prep
- Clean exam rooms
- Schedule appointments
- Scan documents into patient charts
- Patient follow up
- Travels with doctors & team to outreach locations.
- Hours are mainly Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (56 hours/2 weeks)
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Training in diagnostic & treatment procedures, including visual field-testing, contact lenses, & ophthalmic surgery preferred but not necessary!
- Last but not least….you must demonstrate and embrace the CARE standards (Communication, Attitude, Responsiveness and Engagement) in every aspect of the job!