Join the team at Avera!
Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America’s Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
For an exciting career join the Ophthalmology team as an Ophthalmology Assistant at Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center in providing top rated medical care!
- Great Benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO) available on Day 1, options for Free Health Insurance, retirement plans, and more
- Make a Positive Impact: This position has direct patient contact in the Ophthalmology Clinic working with adults, pediatrics and geriatrics.
- Personal Growth: Leaders & support system committed to helping you grow
- Great employees are our best investment here at Avera! Let us help you keep growing while being a part of the Avera team!
- Responsible for doing all pre-exam workup on the patients including:
- Take patient history
- Reconcile medications
- Complete any pre-exam testing including:
- Check eye pressures
- Dilate the patient's eyes
- Organize daily flow of clinic including:
- Chart prep
- Clean exam rooms
- Schedule appointments
- Scan documents into patient charts
- Patient follow up
- Travels with doctors & team to outreach locations.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Training in diagnostic & treatment procedures, including visual field testing, contact lenses, & ophthalmic surgery preferred but not necessary!
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm; 80 hours every 2 weeks
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
- $18.25 - $22.50