Join the team at Avera!
Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America’s Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Exciting opportunity to join the Avera Laboratory, one of the top labs in the nation!
- This position is eligible for Avera’s Student Loan Repayment Program, which helps you pay off your loans and save money. Each month an extra payment of $167 (up to $10,000) from Avera will help pay down your principal balance faster.
- Gain valuable experience with multiple areas of expertise: Phlebotomy, Microbiology, Blood Bank, Hematology, Chemistry, and Serology
- Do you like working with people? The position has direct patient contact in the hospital and clinic with adults, pediatrics and geriatrics.
- Compensation: Immediately Avera starts you with great wages, excellent benefits including health, dental, paid time off, and generous retirement.
- Job Satisfaction: Positively impact patients you serve each day.
- Responsible for expeditious and accurate performance of routine clinical laboratory tests and basic clinical laboratory functions.
- Associate's degree in MLT or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school required.
- Certification as Medical Laboratory Technician from the ASCP or AMT required within 12 months of hire.
- Varied Shifts, 72 hours every 2 weeks:
- Every third weekend
- Every third holiday
- No call time
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
- $21.00 - $30.25