JOB SUMMARY: Provides Human Resource consultation and support services to management and their staff to support the Human Resource needs of the organization. This may include, policy and program administration, employee counseling, training, performance management, facilitates a general understanding of benefits and compensation, and legal compliance in all areas of Human Resources under the direction of the Human Resource Officer.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource or Business related field preferred
- 3 years of fundamental knowledge of Human Resource concepts, applications and successful resolution of employee relation issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- If performing position from an Iowa based facility the following is required: Completion of the Child Abuse & Dependent Adult Abuse courses for Iowa Mandatory Reporters within 90 days of employment and every 3 years thereafter.
- This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.