Job Title: Host
Job Type: Part-time
Supervisor: General Manager
Location: Tavern 507
Bird Dog Equity Partners is a hotel investment and management company that believes in putting people first. Beneath our core business of hospitality lies our purpose of creating lifelong relationships and enriching the lives of all those we provide hospitality to – our team members, guests, and investor partners. Every one of our team members seeks to live and breathe the values that define our culture, the Bird “Dogma”:
The Bird “Dogma”
- We Put People First
- We Dependably Drive Results
- We Constantly Keep a Positive Attitude
- We Never Stop Improving, Ever
- We Relentlessly Solve Problems
As a host or hostess, you will greet guests as they enter and show them to their table or waiting area. You will also engage with guests to ensure their meal is as good as it should be. To do well in this role you should be comfortable standing for long periods and managing a very busy shift.
- Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they're happy with food and service.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- A knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Assisting the floor with bussing and cleaning off tables, as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
- Ability to provide top-notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Does high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food when necessary.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.