The Back-Up Servicing Analyst provides back-up servicing analysis and risk mitigation to the GreatAmerica Portfolio Services Group (“GPSG”). Responsible for assisting with the oversight of assigned backup servicing contracts. Specifically, this position will assist with the onboarding, periodic reporting, monitoring, and overall transition preparation for GPSG backup servicing assignments. Additionally, provides analytical support to the GPSG business unit leaders to support operating and strategic decisions within the back-up servicing area. This position will also assist in preparing backup servicing fee invoices and revenue recognition for backup servicing assignments.
- Assist with risk-reviews of potential PSG clients and continually monitor existing clients
- Maintain active relationships with GPSG back-up servicing clients on performance and issues
- Participate in onsite operational reviews/client visits
- Perform monthly/quarterly servicer report tie outs and provide servicer report certification
- Track GPSG back-up activity and prepare monthly billing based on transaction agreements and portfolio activity
- Track annual financial performance as per GPSG’s pricing proforma for each client
- Assist in development of the business unit’s financial plans, budget and forecasts for the back-up servicing solution
- Assist in creation of monthly management report outlining the backup servicing exposure and completed required responsibilities
- Complete reporting duties as required, including creation of detailed monthly, quarterly and annual back-up servicing reviews for GPSG back-up relationships.
- Participate in quarterly backup servicing review with Senior Leadership
- Assist with the transition planning process for backup servicing contracts, including creation of detailed timeline and responsibility documentation
- Assist the GPSG operations team with the onboarding of new back-up customers by providing data mapping support
- Proactively promote and participate in process improvement initiatives within the business unit
- Special projects for leadership and GPSG
- Assist with Backup Servicing strategic initiative projects, as assigned
For all GreatAmerica team members: Honesty/Integrity, Customer Oriented, Accountability, Tenacious, Communication Skills (Oral & Written), Adaptability
For this position: Analytical Skills, Mathematical Aptitude, Detail Oriented, Communication Skills (Oral & Written)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration
Experience: One (1) to three (3) years related experience
Skills and Abilities
Other Requirements: Ability to analyze operational policies and procedures are required. Coaching and development skills are essential. Must possess mathematical aptitude and be detail oriented. Qualified candidates will possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to multi-task.