Carlson & Stewart Refrigeration, Inc. is a design-build refrigeration contractor specializing in Commercial and Industrial refrigeration systems for customers in the upper Midwest with offices in Marshall, MN, Sauk Rapids, MN and Sioux Falls, SD. We also provide our clients with 24/7 service along with preventative maintenance options to maximize the useful life of their refrigeration systems.
We are looking to add to our already successful team by hiring qualified, dedicated, passionate, mechanically inclined new teammates who share our drive and vision by living our core values of Safety First, Quality People, Quality Product and Ethical behavior.
The Welder will work with a Pipefitter to weld and assemble piping systems for the ammonia refrigeration industry along with a variety of small steam projects.
About the Position
·Full time position with company benefits.
·$28 to $32 starting hourly rate based on experience.
·Typical schedule is Monday-Thursday requiring overnight stays.
·Per Diem plus hotel paid when travel required.
Duties/Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Works closely with the crew lead and discusses details of work to be completed; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job.
- Repairs and fabricates various piping systems and equipment using cutting, grinding, and various welding techniques and equipment.
- Monitors the welding, and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage.
- Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance and repair.
- Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for piping and building a refrigeration system, with the ability to understand layout drawings, models and blueprints.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
- Must be able to pass a 6G Weld test within first week of employment (Tested on 2" schedule 80 steel stick 60/10 root, 70/18 cap; pipe is beveled)
- Must be a team player and work well with others.
- Must be safety and goal orientated
- Minimum of 2 years’ industrial pipe welding experience, preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability for prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds at a time.
- Ability to operate a variety of tools, machinery and equipment.
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Supplemental Life insurance available
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available