The Southwestern Center for Independent Living (SWCIL) works to promote societal acceptance, inclusion, and equal access by empowering individuals with disabilities with IL resources and services. SWCIL is currently accepting resumes for a Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) Support Planner. Must reside in the local Southwestern Minnesota service area including Cottonwood, Jackson, Lincoln, Lyon, Murray, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, Rock, and Yellow Medicine Counties. Full or part-time flexible hours available. Remote office option but must reside in SW MN. A support planner is someone who understands the CDCS service, person-centered planning, and the process of developing a support plan. Primary job functions include providing information about CDCS and provider options, assist in developing community support plans, helping to monitor community support plans, and assisting with benefit questions or concerns. SWCIL offers training.
Wage & benefits: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour starting wage based on qualifications. Sick, vacation, holiday, and personal day PTO, retirement plan matching, and health, short-term disability, and life insurances.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass a background study.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully complete services on a deadline.
- Capability to work independently.
- Basic understanding of person-centered thinking and planning principles.
- Will require occasional travel within SWCIL’s service area, must have a MN Driver’s License and
- Prefer a candidate familiar with state benefits and disability services in the state of Minnesota.
- Ability to coordinate with case management services.
- Ability to successfully complete outreach to build on current caseload.
- Preferred degree in Social Work, Human Services, or a related field.
To apply: Persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to: CDCS Program Manager, SWCIL, 109 S. 5th Street, #700, Marshall MN 56258 or Linda@swcil.com. SWCIL is an equal opportunity employer.