POSITION AVAILABLE: Payroll Processing Specialist
POSITION LOCATION: Southwest West Central Service Cooperative (SWWC), with placement in Marshall, MN.POSITION SUMMARY: Payroll Processing Specialist performs a broad range of routine and non-routine tasks administering the payroll process; performing complex payroll transactions; payroll accounting and business management functions; and performs other related duties requiring a broad knowledge of Agency policies and procedures as well as state, local, federal and IRS regulations. Also performs services for Workers Compensation and Risk Management.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides information and assistance to department employees concerning paychecks, payroll forms, and payroll rules and regulations, and assists other staff with the entry of payroll transactions to produce payroll and serves as the subject matter expert for Agency’s online payroll system;
- Processes and/or calculates frequent transaction adjustments and workers compensation;
- Trains and acts as a resource to all employees responsible for submitting payroll data.
- Trains staff on use of time keeping system and troubleshoots system when needed;
- Audits, enters, or monitors the entry of all employee time records;
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of payroll information to third parties such as W-2’s, 941 quarterly payroll tax returns and Minnesota Economic and Wage Security;
- Responsible for compliance with ACA (Affordable Care Act), Generating/printing Forms 1094/1095 and electronic filing to the IRS
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the Agency’s online payroll system. Lead trainer for all employee groups for the online payroll system;
- Assists with Agency annual audit;
- Distributes hours worked to the proper distribution codes;
- Compiles information and prepares numerous payroll reports such as sick leave, leave with no pay, general reports, etc. Audits payroll registers to insure accuracy and makes corrections when necessary;
- Processes payroll and benefits forms for new employees;
- Calculates employee advances and adjustments in salaries and back pay;
- Maintains permanent employee time records and department personnel records;
- Drafts letters and reports concerning payroll information requested;
- Keeps informed of numerous changes in employee contracts, personnel rules, federal and state tax withholding, TRA, PERA rules and other related rules, laws and regulations as appropriate.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree and experience in a job-related field OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in a job related filed that enables performance of all aspects of this position. Valid driver’s license is required.
CONTRACT/SALARY: 260 day full-time position to begin as soon as possible. Beginning salary range is $54,342 -$77,396 and is dependent upon education, qualifications and experience. Excellent fringe benefits.
APPLICATION MATERIALS: Complete online application at http://www.swwc.org/application and include cover letter, application form, copies of licenses (if applicable), college transcripts, resume, and two letters of reference.
QUESTIONS ABOUT APPLICATION/REQUEST COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION/REQUEST AN ACCOMMODATION: Contact Kari Bailey, Staffing Coordinator at 507-828-6374 or email@example.com .
QUESTIONS ABOUT POSITION: Contact Randy Erdman at 507-537-2244 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
DUE DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Position will remain open until filled.
WHAT IS THE SWWC?: The Southwest West Central Service Cooperative is a regional service agency committed to advancing the work of our members (schools, cities, counties, and other governmental agencies). With a focus on leadership, partnership, innovation and services, we are committed to building relationships with our members to ensure our work is about supporting and enhancing their work. Authorized by MN Statute as a regional resource for our members; we are a public agency that provides a comprehensive range of educational and administrative programs and services to our members.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the Southwest West Central Service Cooperative (SWWC) to provide equal employment opportunity for all, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.
DIVERSITY STATEMENT: SWWC’s mission is to support and enhance the work of our members by providing programs and services to meet their needs. To support and enhance all of our members, we need to embrace and celebrate all of our members. SWWC works to identify unique frameworks within the various communities we serve and actively responds by adjusting our practices to meet the ever changing needs. We strive to recruit diverse and inclusive teams that will have a positive impact on our programs and services and help us better serve our members, customers and employees.